If you’re looking for activities for the whole family on a budget, I’ve got you covered! These are all entirely free and lots of fun!
Get out your calendars and fill them up with free outings! Always good to mark them down in advance, there are so many good ones and some are ongoing all summer so it’s actually a lot more than 15 times! 🙂
- – Outdoor Movie Nights in Transcona running from July 28th to August 25th every Thursday night at 9:15! Check out the whole lineup here.
- – Summer Concert Series in Transcona from July 8th to August 12th. Concerts are from 6-8pm and they have tables set up so bring along a picnic! Check out the lineup here.
- – Free music at Assiniboine Park. There’s the summer music series and the Jazz in the garden. Tons of dates, check them all out here.
- Take a tour of the Legislative building from now until Labour Day. Lots of mystery there, and a great place to take visitors. Check out their site for all the details.
- Ballet in the Park at Assiniboine Park from July 27th to 29th. 7:30 to 9:30 pm.
- Check out all of our local parks and splash pads – most of the splash pads are free and you can easily spend an entire day there. Pack a picnic and make it a free day!
- Free movies in Assiniboine Park Friday nights in August! Two movies every week!
- Check out the outdoor pools that are free – Freighthouse, HappyLand, Norwood, Provencher and Windsor Park. Great for an entire day and completely free!
- For the Harry Potter fans there’s a big party in Assiniboine Park on July 30th for the release of the latest book. Find out all the details online.
- Peak of the Market Family Fun Day is on August 17th – everything is free with a donation to charity, including lunch!
- Fitness in the Park is all free too – there’s all kinds, Zumba, pilates, boot camps and more – check it all out online and pick your dates!
- Mercredi en Musique runs every Wednesday at lunch until August 19th on Provencher – great way to check out free music, and there are local restaurants set up weekly.
- Free First Fridays at the Wag – every first Friday of the month it’s free, good one to mark on the calendar! Check out the times and tour times on their site.
- Kids Bowl Free – sign up and your kids can get 2 free games every day during summer at participating bowling alleys!
- Check out all the amazing free programming at the library for all ages! You can to register in advance, but they have neat stuff like Lego classes, Minecraft, board game nights etc.
Any other free activities going on in Winnipeg this summer? Let me know and I can add them in!