I’ve been blogging for a long time, always with a local aspect. Amazingly, I’ll be celebrating my 8th anniversary soon with Save Money in Winnipeg! I still love everything local and over the years I’ve seen a lot of great blogs come and go – so today I figured it was a good time to share some of my favourite local blogs with you!
These are in no particular order, and there was no strict criteria for them. Some are ones that are newer to me, some I’ve been reading for years. Some are great to pop in to at certain points in your life also.
Let me know what you think of my choices, and who else should be on this list!
- Burger Club Winnipeg is a fun one! I’m always hungry after checking them out! I love their pictures, their enthusiasm and attention to detail. If you want to know what the burgers are like at local restaurants, this is the site to check out!
- Born2BeMom is a great choice for parents. Lots of fun giveaways and stories geared for moms and dads. It could be updated more often, hint hint Kristin – but I hear some big changes are coming so stay tuned for those.
- Animated Confessions is a great choice for fashion and lifestyle in Winnipeg. If you want to look at pretty pictures of clothes, locations in Winnipeg etc. this is a good pick. Makes you feel like you were right there with her on her outing.
- PegCityLovely is all about lifestyle and outings in Winnipeg – with a bit of parenting thrown in. Lots of videos, podcasts and photos, so if that’s your style make sure to check her out. She goes out to eat, a lot – so follow her on social media for those pictures.
- WomanScribbles is a good one to check out for fun recipes and reviews of local places. Lots of great pictures of what she makes, and they actually look delicious and things most would want to try out!
- WinnipegLoveHate is a site full of amazing pictures of Manitoba. You can really get lost in time looking through this site – it’s like taking a virtual tour.
- Winnipeg O’ My Heart is all about someone having moved to Winnipeg and what they find and notice here. All kinds of Manitoba nostalgia and fun things we forget about when we’ve been here forever.