Every year I post up what’s happening around the province for Halloween – and I’m always amazed at how much there is! Perfect to start checking these places out soon, spread it out over a few weekends to get in the Halloween mood! Great to get a lot of use out of the costumes too – lots of indoor places listed! Lots of spooky and family friendly places around the province, here are some of my picks:
– Lower Fort Garry has 2 different events happening. Lower Fort Scary is on Oct. 25th and 26th during the day and is just for kids. Not so scary and lots for kids to do – you can buy tickets in advance too. Fright at the Fort looks super scary and is for 14 years and older. Sounds fun though, in a creepy way!
– The Forks is having a Halloween Party Oct. 26th from 1-4pm in centre court. Trick or treating and activities for the kids.
– A Maze in Corn is fun for general fall activities, and they also have their Haunted Forest. It’s open thursday to sunday all month long. It’s less scary during the day of course so probably better for the kids then – I hear the nightime one can be super creepy. It’s pretty much like a horror movie, corn maze, dark night etc. Would make a fun evening out for adults, if you like being scared.
– Marine Museum in Selkirk has their Halloween Haunt on the last 2 weekends before Halloween. This looks like a fun one for families – there are different ships with different levels of spookiness so make sure to heed their warnings! 🙂 Sounds pretty scary! Lots of innocent fun stuff for kids to do to. The S.S. Keenora sounds perfect for those looking to be scared senseless!
– Children’s Museum has their Halloween Howl October 25th from 6-9pm. Indoor trick or treating, reptile display, balloon animals, real owls and much more!
– Boonstra has their corn maze, with halloween maze starting Oct. 10th and running all month. Lots of scary stuff, and of course it’s tamer during the day so a good idea for little ones.
– Penner Pumpkins has tons of fun activities geared to younger kids. Most places you have to be pretty old to zipline, there it’s 2 and up! I’m guessing with a parent for tiny kids? Tons of neat stuff for the fall/halloween season – scarecrow forest, pig and duck races, petting farm etc.
– Prairie Dog Central has a lot of themed train rides for the month of October. Igor’s Spooktacular Brunch and the Howlin’ Halloween Express.
– Deer Meadow Farms has tons of fall activities and farm stuff, and also The Forbidden Forest starting October 16th. Looks like a super scary event, but there are also family friendly times listed so check that one out if you have younger kids.
– Shelmerdine has their Halloween Funzone and Indoor Haymaze happening throughout the month. Suited for kids aged 3 to 10 and the proceeds to go local kids charities too.
– Six Pines has tons of Halloween and spooky stuff happening – family fun by day and super scary at night! They even have a special Wolfman party room for Halloween themed parties! Check this place out at night if you want to not sleep after 😉 Great during the day with kids though – love the Ghostbusters car!
And stay tuned for a lot more Halloween events happening around the city on my Winnipeg Blog! Manitobans love to celebrate Halloween – we’re lucky to have so many fun places to visit during October!