But if you want to head outdoors, there’s so much to do – and most of it won’t cost you very much!
- Head out to the Forks – you can snowshoe, skate the trail, play outside – lots to see and do all the time indoors and out while you’re there. Even just walking around looking at the warming huts can be fun.
- Check out all of the fun activities at Fort Whyte Alive – fun activities like snowshoeing, skiing, ice fishing etc – and special events like night time hikes and bonfires and more.
- Oak Hammock marsh has birding events, night time snowshoeing, astronomy events and more.
- Assiniboine Zoo can be nice in the winter – animals behaving differently, and all kinds of winter events.
- Head to St. Vital park and check out their new toboggan run – there’s even a warming hut. Lots of other great places in the city to go tobogganing – fun for the whole family.
- And if it’s still too cold out – go bowling, play board games, all kinds of cheap movies events too!
And if you really want to hibernate, nothing wrong with ordering from your fave restaurant from Skip the Dishes and curling up with some Netflix shows! Remember if you use my link to order, we each get $7 after your first delivery! Pretty great deal!
Let me know what your fave Netflix shows or movies have been this winter!
And remember, if you don’t have all the equipment you need for these activities – there’s often rentals, but don’t be shy about asking friends or family! Always nice to try something out before you commit to an activity too!