It’s time to start thinking about CSA boxes for this summer! If you’re new to these, it’s a Community Supported Agriculture Box – which means you’ll get all kinds of delicious goodies when they’re at their best and fresh as can be as you’re getting them straight from the farms.
There are a lot of choices for these in Manitoba, some are vegetables only, some places offer meat, homemade goods etc. It’s the perfect time right now to figure out which works best for you and your family – and see what their pricing is like too!
Several are already taking orders for this summer – and most will fill up very quickly.
- Hnatiuk Gardens has full and half shares – and also discounts for early bird orders. They offer delivery for a fee or pickup in East St. Paul.
- Metanoia Farmers will be taking orders starting in February. They offered 2 sizes last year, check with them shortly to see what they’ll have for 2017.
- Boundary Creek Farm has their 2017 form up and ready, they sold out quickly last year. They have pickup locations in Winnipeg and Gimli.
- Blue Lagoon Organics offers a CSA and you can also order eggs. They will have pickup location in Winnipeg or on their farm in St. Francois Xavier.
- Jonathan’s Farm has 2 sizes and also you can choose 15 or 18 weeks. They have early bird pricing too.
- Fort Whyte Farms has several options to be picked up right on their farm. They don’t have the info up for this year, but contact them if you’re interested soon – sells out super fast.
- Hearts and Roots offers one size which runs for 16 weeks for $500. They have a few pickup spots in Winnipeg or right at their farm.
- Food Ethos offers a lot of different things – meat shares, veggies and more. No CSA sign up yet but keep an eye on it.
- Almost Urban has two options, a regular share and then a bigger version of it. Their pickups will be downtown or at their farm in St. Norbert.
- Natural Collective has a CSA but no 2017 info yet. You can email them for info.
- Crampton’s Market has several options, and convenient spot for many for pickup. Contact them for info.
- Wild Earth Farms has weekly and biweekly shares. If you’re interested in this one, their early bird special is ending soon. Several locations for pickup.
- Fenez Follies has a limited amount of boxes available – they offer pickup in Wolseley and St. Norbert. $450 for a full share, $295 for a half.
- ROC & The Fern offer a CSA – contact them for info.
- Hamilton Hills has a few choices, and they deliver to the Carmen, Morden and Winkler area.
If you’re a farm offering a CSA and I missed adding you to the list, make sure to contact me and let me know! 🙂