When planning a birthday party, renting a community centre can be a great option for a big group. A lot of them have activities included, or you can bring your own along. It’s a great big open space for kids to have fun. We did a party at a community centre a few years ago since we invited the whole class, and it was very easy and everyone had a blast. We were able to bring in our own bouncers and face painters – and also our own food and cake too. Just make sure to ask what you can bring in, and what is included.
They book up usually pretty far in advance, so make sure to book ahead.
Here are some community centres in Winnipeg that you can rent out for birthday parties:
- Norwood Community Centre has 2 halls to rent – these are really big, so good idea for larger parties.
- Earl Grey Community Centre is a popular option. Great rental space.
- Robert A. Steen Community Centre has a few spaces available to rent – gym, craft room etc. Lots of great options for all kinds of parties.
- Valour Community Centre has a few different locations with different rental possibilities – sports and parties.
- Champlain Community Centre has a nice big room available to rent. That is the one we had used, and it was great.
- Broadway Neighbourhood Centre has a big gym available to rent out.
- Corydon Community Centre has 3 locations available to rent.
- St Norbert Community Centre has a few different places available to rent.
- Red River Community Centre has several spaces available to rent for all kinds of events.
- Riverview Community Centre has a basement hall to rent for birthday parties and it looks like a pretty fun spot. There’s an ice hockey table and neat artwork in the pictures.
- Northwood Community Centre has a few spots to rent – gym and hall for whatever you choose.
- Bronx Community Centre has a few different spots available to rent depending on what you’re planning to do.
- Sinclair Park Community Centre has 3 spaces to rent and all kinds of options.
- Greendell Park has a few options and several packages to rent.
- Linden Woods Community Centre has a few options for rentals. Some outdoor possibilities too.
- Oxford Heights Community Club has 2 halls available to rent.
- Norberry-Glenlee Community Centre has 3 options for rentals.
- Winakwa Community Center has a few options for rentals.
- South Transcona Community Centre has a few options, with some fun possibilities included.
- Fort Garry Community Centre has a few sites available for rentals.
- West Kildonan Memorial Community Centre has one hall available to rent out.
- Bord-Aire Community Centre has a hall to rent – and you can also rent a bouncer from them.
These are all great options for kids birthday parties – but also for socials, showers and all kinds of events!