It’ll soon be time to pack up your sunscreen, bugspray and proper footwear and head out to pick all kinds of yummy fruit!
Most places will have upick, but also sell pre-picked for a little bit more.
Here are some of the local places to pick berries, make sure to check their sites to make sure they’re open and have fruit ready to go. Usually good to see conditions too, to see if you should wear rubber boots or runners etc.
- Cormier’s Berry Patch in Lasalle
- Prairie Berry, 10 minutes south of Winnipeg
- Berry Hill Farm in Altona
- Connery’s Berries, 3 miles east of Southport
- Boonstra Farm in Stonewall
- Mayfair Farms in Portage La Prairie
- Grand Valley Strawberries near Brandon
- Friedensfeld Honey & Berry Farm near Steinbach
- Hicks Berry Farm near Souris
- Grunthal Berries, in Grunthal
- Jeffries Berry Patch in Portage La Prairie
- Olde Cramb Farm